Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling in Goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeegan

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hello

I am trying to use Goldmine for the following...

10 telemarketers will be calling everyone in a file, collecting info, then moving onto the next record.

My file has approx 18,000 records. My plan was to import the records, schedule a call for each record under one user name, then have the 10 users complete one at a time, pulling each call off the activity list.

How do I prevent 2 users from accessing the same record?

Has anyone done a similar task with Goldmine? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Dave

I wouldn't recommend you set your call lists as you described because you would have them potentially accessing another Telemarketers calls.

However, GoldMine has a group scheduling tab that can span across multiple days with a specified number of calls per day and across multiple users. You would first set up the 10 users, then via the Menu: Schedule | Call | Fill in ref., notes, and actv codes as needed | Users Tab - select your 10 Telemarketers | Filter / Group Tab (GM 6.0)- Group Schedule ( GM5.0) | Schedule to group of contacts - On | Switch on the Options as appropriate.

Hope this helps!....Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark, I'm using 5.7 so I'm not sure I have that option. I didn't see it on first glance, but I will keep checking it out.

Thanks
Dave

When I did this in TeleMinerII, my GM telemarketing program, I immediately set a Key field to the User's name to remove it from the queue

So, if you have your users using filters and select Key5 for the user's name, then you could have the filter call leads where Key5 is blank, and then instruct them to enter their name in Key5 OR use the Lookup.ini to populate Key5 when the click another field and have that populate Key5

The Wizard
Home of Link Magic and Web Magik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back