Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjass

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I'm scheduling reports to export to excel that aren't based on business views. And i am getting the following e\m :

Object failed to run due to an unresponsive Job Server child process.

I have read the Business object web site that states this is due to exporting to PDF's or the use of business views. I am using neither and have ran the service packs and latest monthly hot fixes?

Any ideas?

H,
which version of CE are you using ? Is it all reports or just a selection ? Are they all from the same data source ? How long does it take for the jobs to fail ?

ShortyA

CE10

Its sporadic, some reports will fail because of it, some don't.

They are all from the same source, not sure how long they take to fail as they are running at night.

Cheers

Do the reports that fail output to unmanaged disk or another source ? Do they consistently fail ? If yes, have you tried running one of them during the day instead ?

ShortyA

Please remember to post technical information.

Do the same reports fail each time, ot do they run sometimes?

What is the data source? Is CE you running on Windows or?

There's a known error when exporting to PDF:

Since the issue is connectivity, this is what I would target first, and please remember to post the database/connectivity used when requesting technical information.

Also check the Microsoft Event Viewer for errors to get an idea of it's source, which would also be useful to post here.

-k

As always K, spot on and a good point about the EventVwr as so much information is sent there by CE it is a good starting point.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back