Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Daily and Hourly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC2000

Programmer
Sep 19, 2008
CA
We have Crystal Reports Server 2008 and we have a need for a report to run Mon to Fri from 8 to 5 on every hour. Although the help says this can be done I have yet to see where in the scheduling this can be achieved. I have created a message to SAP support and they are currently investigating but I can't believe that this wouldn't be possible since all previous versions I have used have had this functionality. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide.

I'd be interested to find out how you do this... other than defining 10 daily schedules to run at each relevant hour.

I 'inherited' an Access app with a ton of complex VBA code which I found to be slow when running reports from our ticketing system. I modified the VBA to run the queries in Access creating temp tables with the results, then it creates dummy files that Crystal Events was looking for. The files are only available for a short time before the VBA code kills them off again, but long enough for Crystal Report Server to see them and trigger reports against the temp Access tables.

I would agree with the EVENT method of triggering these reports on that non-standard schedule.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

You use the Weekly setting and pick Monday through Friday. Then select begin at 8am. End time should be a long time from now or if you have a end time. You'll have to do this for each hour of the day so you'll be setting up 8 separate instances of the report. Each one will run at the given hour for the selected days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back