Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Crystal Rpt using Seagate Software, Getting error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobbie

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I wrote a Crystal report using Basic syntax for my formulas. I have no problem with the report in Crystal, however when I try to schedule it using Seagate Software I keep getting this error &quot;PEStartPrintJob : Error in formula <PageCount>.
'shared TimesIn as number&quot;

There is no error in the formula. Is there something else that may be causing this error ?? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Please post your formula as a point of reference.

The formula I am using is as follows:

shared TimesIn as number
TimesIn = timesIn + 1
formula = TimesInshared TimesIn as number

The formula was written in Basic Syntax. I have run checks on all the formulas in the report and have found no errors. None of the formulas are complex. The report works perfectly in Crystal Reports. I tried removing the formula from the report and I was still unsuccessful. Seagate encountered an error regarding another formula. I don't understand how it could work fine in Crystal Reports and then bomb out in Seagate info. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I can't thank you enough.

The formula in the previous response was copied incorrectly, here is the correct formula:

shared TimesIn as number
TimesIn = timesIn + 1
formula = TimesInshared

Once again the formula in the previous response was copied incorrectly, here is the correct formula:

shared TimesIn as number
TimesIn = timesIn + 1
formula = TimesIn

You have written the formula in Basic Syntax, so you must be using CR8 or CR8.5

Are you using SI7 or SI7.5? If you are using SI7 this won't work as the version 7 print engine does not recognise basic syntax. Try rewriting your formula in Crystal syntax and see if this fixes the problem.

Cheers, Alan Eldridge
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back