Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling Crystal Reports through a batch file and Task Scheduler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTraveller

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
CA
Good Morning All.
I have a new take on an old subject.
I have made a simple batch file that will call up a Crystal Report on our RAS server, and deliver it to my desktop every morning at 8:00am via the Scheduled Tasks in the Control Panel. (The major point of this is to prove that the RAS server is up and delivering reports. This is mostly for my own interest.) The batch file looks like this:
@echo off
@start
This particular report does need user input to define a parameter field.
Question: - How can I enter that parameter field through the batch file and then have the report sitting on my desktop?
Question: - How can I edit the batch file so that I can access reports that need a user ID and Password to view them?
Question: - How can I then sent that report to my printer?

I know that this is a familiar sounding question. My background is as an application programmer, and I have been tasked with monitoring the Crystal Reports here. I am using this as an instructive diversion ;)....also, I can be pretty lazy too.

As always, any and all assistance is appreciated.
-D.

I'm apologizing up front here: nothing to add to the solution yet, but I'm very interested in this too! [smile] If I can figure anything out though, I'll post an update.

I work with our SCM (Source Configuration Manager) who is our central point for our application's builds. He has a lot of things automated, but one piece he doesn't is validating the Crystal Enterprise (or Standalone RAS server) piece of the architecture is still serving up reports.

I guess it's an "instructive diversion" here too, although I'm in luck because we're working on some configuration issues over the next couple of days. Maybe I can sneak this in if the forum can figure out a solution here [wink].

I know that there is 3rd party software out there that will do this, but I have no budget for it. As I said before, I am using this as an instructive diversion. Besides, its proving to be interesting too.

Misce stultitiam consiliis brevem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back