Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduling CR export to html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everyone,

We have CR 8.5, and Enterprise (standard) 8.0. Still learning but it's going well so far. One functionality we are interested is to export a Crystal Report to a HTML file. We can do this manually and we've had no real problems.

Q. Is it possible to schedule a report to export automatically to a html file?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks to all. drStealth

I was pretty sure the CE allowed scheduling. If not, there are third party products that do scheduling, like CrystalDesk. I haven't tried it with CE but I am sure that they can tell you if it will work. I described it in my last newsletter:

Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Be aware that if you regularly schedule a report to an external format and then distribute the resulting file via an external distribution mechanism (eg. email, web server, ftp server, etc) to more than 50 people, then you may be liable for a Crystal Broadcast License (CBL).

Purchasing a tool like CrystalDesk does not eliminate the need for you to determine whether a CBL applies to you.

You can get more information on the CBL from your local Crystal Decisions office.

Cheers, Alan Eldridge
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back