Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling and saving reports in HTML on a XI server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonasnnit

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2005
DK
Hi.

I've searched this forum for days, but I have not succeded in finding a solution to my problem.

What I have is a CR XI server.

What I want to do is save reports in html on a unmanaged disk (as another application takes the reports as input).

This cannot be done in XI, so I bought the recrystallize pro application as this seemed to be able to do the job. This program however fails when I set it up to saving HTML reports (error being that it cannot retrieve a free license from the server - I don't know if it's the XI server or the recrystallize application).

Does anybody know a better solution to delivering scheduled reports in HTML? - preferably without programming custom functions.
And if anybody know what could be wrong with my current setup I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks Jonas

I don't really have a suggestion, just another question. Do you have this problem for html only or if you try saving to any export format? In other words, if you tried to do PDF, does that not work either?

Thanks for the reply.

Same problem when exporting to PDF from recrystallize - do you have a running setup that matches mine?

Can you export to PDF directly from the CR-XI server interface?

If so, then I would expect that it's an issue with recrystallize - and you should contact their support team.

Hi again.

I can export it from the CR XI server - to pdf or whatever format the server support (and recrystallize support is contacted).

What I also want to hear from all you experts is how you handle html exporting in CR XI. Somebody must have had the same needs and pains as I experience.

Thanks Jonas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back