Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduling and caching

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTRJD

MIS
Sep 14, 2004
US
Hi all,

I have a question regarding scheduling and caching.

A enduser creates a report on web (web professional)and schedules it to run overnight.Now when another enduser executes this same report does it use the cache created by the schedule of another user?

All I want to know is,can a cache created by one user's schedule can be used by other users?

Thanks.

Other users can use the same cache but then need to have the same secuirty filters as well as other criteria. In the admin guide there is a section on report caching that explains when a cache will be used and when it wont.

I think there is a way to append the userid at the end of the cache file so that even if both users run identical reports with identical filters it will still not share cache.

But coming back to your question, if a user creates a cache of a report, and another person reruns the report or a subset of the report, cache is used

I ran a report using one user ID and I ran the same report loging in as another user and this time it used the cache.I think for this to happen,the option "Use Server Cache" should be checked for the users under the Common privileges of the project access.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back