Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduling a User Defined Report (AM/PM madness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ephik

Programmer
Jun 16, 2004
CA
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can at least reproduce this bug I am getting... I'm using Call Center Server v. 4.00 Build 04.01.07 Rev 6.

This report is necessary to capture my overnight staff. I'm trying to schedule a report to run daily at 1 pm. It should run for day-1 at 12:00pm to today at 12:00pm. The report I have duplicated to do this is the Agent Login / Logout report.

Once I duplicate the report, give it my new name, select my default Agent names for Selection Criteria, I get to the Data Range tab. I enter "1" for one day ago, change the AM to PM for both the times, and then switch to the Schedule tab. I can enter a schedule but it doesn't matter because if I switch back to the Data Range tab, the "PM's I just entered have changed back to AM. No matter what I do or in what order I go, I can not get the PM to persist.

I've tried to modify the report in Crystal, setting the record selection formula to (Timestamp = Today-1 12PM to today 12PM), but then I have to import the report in and it is now a "User Created" report and I lose the nice Selection Formula tab which is necessary so regular supervisors can modify the agents in the report as required.

I'm new to Symposium, but very familiar with Crystal. We don't have any other scheduling engine so I'm depending on Symposium to work and drive these reports.

Hopefully one of you can provide some insight to this issue... or at least comfort me by duplicating this issue so I know I'm not alone.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

Jason

I think Symposium takes over the workstation time. Try to set this one to 24h.

That is a good idea and I tried it, but it still won't hold the proper Time range. I'm thinking now that since the Agent Login/Logout report runs against the eAgentLoginStat, there must be some limitation to the time range because this is an event based view. Other reports don't have any problems because they are typically interval based.

I've worked around the issue by creating my own reports and bringing them into Symposium to utilize the scheduling engine. The only problem with this is that I have to modify the report with each staffing change... but not too big a deal.

Thanks for the input!

I'm using v. 4.00 Build 04.01.07 Rev 5.

Once you've duplicated the report and filled in all the tabs just save it and ignore the fact that the times have reverted back to AM.

Then go to the report, right click and choose properties, change both times to PM and save. Should work after that.

Thanks for the input, however this doesn't work for me. I've tried it from 3 different clients and they all act the same... it always reverts to AM.

When I tested this, and checked the properties again, my report also reverted back to 12:00AM to 12:00AM on the Data Range Tab.

I did notice however, that just below this, in the greyed out area, it showed 12:00PM to 12:00PM so I activated the report. When the report ran I did receive information relative to 12:00PM to 12:00PM.

Odd, but worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back