Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduling a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschill2628

Programmer
Nov 3, 2009
US
I am having trouble scheduling a crystal report in busienss objects. I am using the following steps, but I don't get any results

Go to report in InfoView
Right click report name
Click Schedule
You will see the above options
Instance Title: title of the report
Recurrence: schedule you would like to refresh/send the report on
Database Logon: username/password to log onto the database
Filters: displayed if there are filters in the report
Format: choose PDF or Microsoft Excel (97-2003) otherwise users will not be able to open report
Destination: Choose email>Uncheck User Default Settings>enter the email address of the group you would like to send the report to & the email address you would like it to be from
-User the placeholders to the right of Subject: to enter the Report Title
-Enter the message you wish to send with the report – for example Please click the attached link to view the latest data available on the XXXXX report.
-Also add the Viewer Hyperlink by clicking the Add Placeholder drop down (this link will change when the report is refreshed)
-If you would like to send the report as an attachment leave Deliver Document as Attachment checked and Use Automatically Generated Name (this does take more memory to store and is difficult to manage due to the size and other reports we have refreshing.)
- Print Settings: Select always print to PDF
-Events: leave default
-Scheduling Server Group: Leave default

This belongs in the Crystal Enterprise forum, but for now what happens when you schedule it? If the status is Failed, what does it tell you when you click on the word 'Failed'?

Please confirm, if you can run that report without scheduling in Infoview, if so, then please get the failed reason (error message) as briangriffin suggested, and we may help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back