Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled tasks across two servers - Run same time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neily

Programmer
Jul 27, 2000
GB
We have two servers that we are using for CF Scheduled Tasks that are created within CF Admin. We are running v6.1.

These two servers (Server1 & Server2) will have the same scheduled tasks on them, on each server set to run every 8 minutes and Server2 4 minutes after Server1 (so the task will run every 4 minutes and alternate between the two servers).

Even though i have set the times correctly, they always schedule to start the same time, which causes problems.

Server1: Start Time = 00:00 End Time = 23:52 Every 8 Minutes
Server2: Start Time = 00:04 End Time = 23:56 Every 8 Minutes

So for example S1 should run it at 00:00 and then 00:08, S2 should run it at 00:04 and then 00:12. What I get is both are running at say 00:04 and then 00:12.

Any ideas what is causing this??

I initially imported the tasks but I have since recreated them.

Since the tasks are running on two seperate servers, there could be no conflict between the two. One server is likely the problem. Check to insure that the scheduled task is set to run at the correct time in your schedule log for each. Then check to insure the servers' time settings are synchronized, or at least close, if they aren't using some sort of time synchronization app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back