Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Task Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzy1

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I currently have a scheduled task set up on about 40 machines to run a specific program. The problem I have encounted is the fact that you have to enter the password for the user who is using the scheduled task, now this works fine untill it comes to the point when the user needs to change his/her passwor. Once the password is changed the program no longer runs unless you go into the scheduled task and change the password.
As you can imagine not everyone will know that they need to do this when they change their password.

Is there something we can do so the password updates automatically.

Thanks all

Marzy.

You could setup the Scheduled Task with the local admin account. %computername%\administrator and then the password....since that does not change.

Just an idea to try.

Cliff, CCNA/MCSE/MCSA 2000
Network Administrator

What is the task, What operating system? Depending on the task i.e. defrag.. you may need a batch file or third party exe to run it as administrator.

The operating system is windows 2000 and the task is just to run an Acess database that is Acess 97.

I has a similar problem.

Using task scheduler to run an update of the virus def on some telcommuter machiines.

If I run as the local admin, it does not run.

It runs fine if I use a Net Admin acct.

The problem is that the Net Admin acct password changes every 45 days.

The def files is on a server and I have the task pointing to that server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back