Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scheduled task not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie5

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2004
US
I have a scheduled task that runs each night. It generates an email to our clients. At times it will run ok but other times it fails. When I check the log file in Administrator it indicates that it ran successfully with a 200 code.

Any ideas on what's happening here?

I have a similar problem with a scheduled task that is supposed to do nightly Source Code backups. The task ran for about 4 years and then it got intermittent (wouldn't run every night). Eventually, it rarely ran.

As an experiment I disabled the other scheduled tasks and it has run successfully three nights in a row since then. I'm not yet sure what conclusion to draw from this. Could it be that the ColdFusion Administrator fails if two tasks are scheduled at the same time?

You might try changing your other tasks over to 'Run Once' to disable them. See if your task runs under that condition.

One difference: my scheduler.log file would indicate that the task had been initiated and then after two minutes it would indicate failure. If your log file is indicating success, you might want to check the cfusion|mail|undelivr subdirectory and see if your eMail server is having a problem sending your messages.

hi,
Even I am facing a similar problem. I have a scheduled task that is supposed to send emails, when i run the task manually, i get the message "This scheduled task was completed successfully.", but the email is not sent.Could anyone please help.
thanks in advance

i found my problem in application.log file when schedule log showed code 200 Success. So check that application.log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back