Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Server Task Ran With Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2005
SE
Suddenly my scheduled server tasks does not work. I have four of them, Repository Full Replication, Incremental Repl, Repository Pull from FTP and HTTP.
If I do a manual repository pull och replication it works fine.

I can't find anything in any log file, the only logging I have is in the ePO Console Task Logs where it instantly says "Ran With Errors".

Does anyone know which log file to look in? And did anybody see this error and solve it before??

Thanks!

Deleting and recreating the task should help.

Yeah, reboot the server fixes it for me, or stop and start all mcafee services.

god thats weird
i've started getting the exact same issue

at first i thought it was the firewall guy screwing something
as it only started three days ago
but then i did a manual and it worked

i installed patch2 today which required a reboot
so will see if the reboot theory is solid

Hi!
Thanks for you replies.
However I already tried rebooting, restarting the services and re-creating the tasks. BUT!!
Right after I sent this post yesterday I created a test task and it worked?? I did that a few times before and it didn't work, it behaved like the other tasks=instant "Ran with errors".

I'm not sure what I did to solve this problem. I have been rebooting a lot before and that did not solve it, but maybe it will for you.
One thing is for sure though, you need to recreate the tasks. And make sure that "Next Run Time" gets a time and date in the Server Tasks list. Otherwise the task will probably not work, not even if you click on it and then do Run Now.

Good luck to you Terry :)

mine's didnt work

a pain
will try to recreate again but ?

would be nice if you could see a log or an error
or to understand what it does different to a manaul rep

The repository pull and replication tasks can be very touchy. Be cautious when creating on-the-fly tasks at low level objects because conflicting run times can often break other tasks. Looking through my tree structure, reviewing the scheduled times, and recreating all my tasks almost always fixes my pulls. In my experience its been a best practice to create tasks at the highest levels possible, and inherit through subobjects.

If the job isn't running manually you may have an MS-SQL server or MSDE problem, i.e., logs full, etc. I started having repository pull problems and found the McAfee HTTP site wasn't working. Changed to FTP and fixed that problem. I can't get a domain Sync to run automatically, can run manually and it works fine. McAfee is escallating a problem ticket on that one.

I've got five domains hooked together with VPN over the internet. If a connection at a particular location is having trouble, I'll get an occasional ran with errors.

You might try global updating to keep from having a replication job. It works great and only runs when there's an applicable change in the master repository.

When you delete the job, shut down the services and go to Documents and settings\all users\Application Data\network associates\common framework\task and delete all the files (not the folders) and the files in the sub folders.

Restart services and see if that helps. On version 3.5, you can delete the whole task folder and it will be recreated when the server starts. This hasn't been much help on 3.5 but it was a real problem on 3.0 and deleting the files was a necessity as 3.0 didn't do well in cleaning up after itself.

3.5 is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back