Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1brc

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US

We have several desk tops set up with Symposium Client that will not run scheduled reports. We have others that run the reports with no problem. We have reloaded the software and tried with and without the updates. We have also tried on different computers. Has anybody run into this before or have a solution?

More information needed:
- is this for Symposium or Symposium Express and what version? And are you fully patched (PEPS)?
- are there errors on your server or workstation when the reports fail?
- are you running reports to print or to a file?
- can you run the reports on demand?

Yes, I've had experience with report failure, but I'm not sure if my information is of any value to you without more detail re: what you are experiencing. Post more or email me!

Here is what I know;

#1 Full Symposium 4.2 all the latest peps. We have the latest update and have tried with and with out it.
#2 This error shows in the error log file
Client LATXDFW01W1232, Report ID 235 returned Client/Server communication failure ( error code=11001 ).
#3 Trying to export to desk top or C:drive
#4 Yes any scheduled report can be "Run Now" with no problem

Sometimes the client IP addresses cannot be resolved by the server, so therefore it would be best to have the client names and IP addresses inserted into the local hosts file on the Symposium server.

Thanks to Supernn. after changing the host file to look for computer name I can now ping from the server.

You should probably check the scheduler for "old" reports trying to be generated to IP's of the supervisor stations.

I had a problem like that in previous versions where folks would schedule reports and then either lose their IP lease or "retire" a computer before deleting their reports.

The server keeps trying to send blindly out to the IP it was programmed for and ends up using up quite a bit of server resources if the reports were big enough.

They aren't hard to identify in the scheduler though...

Thanks,I did find some reports that needed to be deleted.

Did the above fix this? We've run into a similar problem with Sccs5..

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back