Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean01

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
GB
I ahve a problem where Scheduled reports do not run using symp client, on windows 2000 pc. Symposium server is Rls5, and has the latest PEPs installed on the client, and the server.

You can duplicate a report, set it up to print to a printer, or to be sent to a file, but if you schedule the report to run, although it appears in the event scheduler, it does not run. The event scheduler shows that the report appears to have been successful, as if the report is a daily report, it adds the following days date, but this is not the case. If you try the “run now” feature of the report, it runs as it should.

The PC that's running the schedule, is the report listener running in the taskbar and is the pc left on.

Schedule report will not run if the pc where the client reside is turn off or the report listerner isn't running.

one other thing to check is to ping the sympsosium server by name and ping the scheduling pc by name from the symposium server, if yo can't, then schedule reports won't run either.

And make sure the Symposium server has the correct DNS information entered for the CLAN NIC card.

Thanks for the tips, i will try them and report back..

I have a similar problem. The difference is that I am accessing the Web Client and scheduling the report while using the Symposium web server. I have a shared folder set up on the web server.

The job, after launch time, updates the next run date. However, the last run date still shows "Never" and no output is created.

Where should the report listener display (on the Symposium web server or the SCCS) and how do I activate it if it is not running?

Thsnks

We have had a similar issue, and here was our solution:
We use SkillView software to display the skillset information on a readerboard to the Calltakers. The way Skillset works is that the readerboards are daisy-chained back to a primary symposium workstation in the equipment room. When SkillView starts up, it logs into the Symposium SMI with User Name = "wallboard" (we kept the default).

We had set up a Desktop profile in Symposium to allow the SkillView to log in as wallboard.

Since User Name "wallboard" is always logged in, we have set up all scheduled reports to run under that profile.

Regards,
Ken Mathieu

Checked deeper into the Supervisors Reference Guide.
Found that for Symposium v5.0, the report listener is no longer required. So, it's not that.

I just need to figure out how to get this thing to run.

My real problem is actually that the users create a report, then export to Excel. This export then has a part of it copied and pasted to another workbook which has a bunch of charts created.

The copy/paste has been killed due to the exported Excel sheet having merged cells in the data area. The charts are already a lot of work to create without having to remove a bunch of empty cells between the data.

Export to Excel (Data Only) gives the same results as ecxport to Excel.

Any suggestions to beat this would be appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back