Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Report Sometime Not Working - crystal 2008 - SQL 2005 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap1958

Technical User
Oct 22, 2009
US
I am having mixed success with scheduling reports to run on a specific date and time. I am noticing that when I schedule a report to run on a different date, they work. However I just sceduled the following without success.

Reportname: test
Recurrance: Monthly
Object runs every Month(N) = 1
Start Date/Time: 12:30PM 02/11/2009 (dd/mm/yyyy)
End Date/Time: 12:30PM 02/11/2019 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Schedule For: myself only
Database Configuration: userid and password filled in
Format: .pdf
Destination: my email address filled in
I have a spcific name with file extension at the bottom

I saved and closed the report. Not only did I not get the report emailed but there is no history indicating the report failed to run.

Is there something with same day attempts to schedule reports?

Hi,
The same day should not be an issue as long as it is scheduled before the run time specified.

If the History tab just shows the scheduled instance but not a failed or sucess entry, check the time on the server and be sure you scheduled it before the time needed.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I have run into this before as well. I'm not totally sure what causes it and when I check to make sure all the servers (CMS, reportjobserver, etc) are running, everything indicates it should work. However, you may want to try stopping your CMS and then restarting it. Personally I have found it's better to actually use the stop and start rather than the restart. Once the CMS restarts all the reports should run just fine.

I have a spcific name with file extension at the bottom"

I have found that if I put in my own report name, it sometimes doesn't run right. I use the dropdown and select "Title" and then add .pdf and they run fine. Not sure if this is your problem but thought I'd throw it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back