Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled job's are being canceled - not by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hiay, can anyone tell me why dammit why is Archserve cancelling the jobs that I schedule to run each and every evening? I leave them READY, set to run at 22:00 and in the morning it says CANCELLED with no explanation. Not 1 iota is backed up, I fear I could be in trouble very soon unless I fix this. Any ideas???

You could try formatting or erasing your media and seeing whether it would work? Or even trying a new media? Surely the Arcserve log gives you an error code at least?

Yea, 2 errors are reported.

W3073 - EC Logon failure - Unable to log on as user Administrator // ie you've got your passwords wrong.
and
W3825 - Unable to find this media or a blank media (Media =)
// In destination media was called Friday - 6

We have recently changed passwords for administrators but believe me when I say I've gone through every machine and folder to make sure they are set & reset to the new password. I even re-booted all the servers to make sure they were logged on with the new password.

If the sytem goes and we don't have a backup - I go.

What version of Arcserve? What platform is it running on and what is it backing up? (single, workgroup, enterprise. NT/20000 or NW. Backingup other servers?) Try setting up a job to backup an unused folder as a test that you can run now. If that fails run a manual backup of something that you can see problems as they occurr.

Good luck,

Mark ;-)

Go to Arcserve Server Admin - and change the password
typed in for the arcserve system account and stop and
start the engines and then try a backup.

Don't use Administrator for the Arcserve system account. Create an admin equivalent account and use that. If you're worried about security, restrict the account to your server only.

1. W3073

mtnathan is right. Change password of ARCserve System Account. Make a user to admin equivalent so TheLad has say it.

2. W3825

The you run a rotation job you must put the media in the drive that will be planned for this day (can see in activity log at the end of the backup run before) or a blank tape.

The you run a custom job. Select under destination/media the wildcard * for use all medias. So ARCserve will accepted all tapes.

greetings

MAD

You don't mention the version of Arcserve. You need to ensure that "overwrite any tape" is selected in the job (if ASNT or AS7NW).
Also, for AS6.1 you need to edit the ASCONFIG.INI and ensure that overwriteanytape entries are set there. (see below) - ->>

[Host]
ProductName=ARCserve
FileInterleavingProtocol = Automatic
FileInterleavingBufferSize = 128
FullSMS = Yes
TurnOffMessagesToWS = No
AgentsUse512BytePackets = No
DisableFTS = No
FileInterleavingTimeout = 15
FileInterleavingMaxNodes = 4
BinderyEmulation = No
PasswordDatabase=0
DSSchemaModification=1
AskUserToCloseFile = Yes
SkipBigFiles=YES
OverWriteAnyTape=YES <<--- This one!!
DateTimeFormat=EUROPEAN

Regards

Mark

For the can't find blank media set the option off of append to media. That may help that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back