Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled job results in 2 instances...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Every time I schedule this job to run and email to a group of recipients, the job runs fine but it always sends 2 instances that are emailed at the exact same time. I have no clue why this is happening. It only seems to be with this one specific job. Any help?

Regards,
Bessebo

Sounds odd...

Are you certain that someone didn't schedule it elsewhere? Perhaps under an area that you can't see?

Have you queried for other instances using the CSP Query Builder?

Any idea what version you're running?

I doubt that it's related, but have you tried applying the service pack?

If you're certain that it's sending 2 emails, and you haven't added it twice, and nobody else ahs scheduled it, nuke it and reload. I have occasionally had to successfully resort to this.

-k

The info below relates to CE10 only (you haven't mentionned your version)

Have you enabled the audit function? We had that issue and in the audit table you clearly saw the same objectid for two success jobs that ran at the same time... In that case, synapse's solution (delete and resave in CE) resolved the issue. We've a standing issue opened with BO, no permanent solution has been found yet...

We are running version 9.0.1.316. Does this version have an audit function and, if so, how do you turn it on?

Regards

Not sure what you'd expect the audit to show you.

Query the database using the CSP Query Builder for all reports containing the name of the report.

This will show you how many times it's loaded and scheduled.

-k

Yes, but I was refering to an issue we had where CE10 was actually scheduling a report twice on the reportjobserver but where there's actually only one instance (this is a bug) and the only way to see if it's either another report running elsewhere (which can be found through CSP Query IF they named it the same way) or a glitch in how Crystal work is through Audit. But this is pointless since he has version 9.

Dialworld: I've no idea what you're talking about.

CSP has lots of information about scheduled instances:

SI_NAME Sign_IN_sheet.rpt
SI_NEXTRUNTIME 8/31/2004 5:00:48 PM
SI_ENDTIME 8/31/2004 5:00:51 PM
SI_ERROR_MESSAGE
SI_RECURRING False
SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS 1
SI_STARTTIME 8/31/2004 5:00:48 PM

If they're running at the same time, then it will be reflected in there even if they do name it something different, which seems unlikely...

The only thing pointless here is trying to explain the theory to YOU as you obviously don't want to be bothered with testing.

-k

The issue I mentionned does not leave a trace you can find through the CSP query. I've been working on this for over a month with BO and we couldn't find anything until we looked at Audit. I know how CSP works, I'm talking about a weird glitch and was only trying to help here. If my ideas don't work, so be it but at least anyone with this issue can try it.

Sorry if I came across harshly.

You gave no indication here that you had tested in CSP. CSP intends to keep each instance as a row, so I'm surprised that it would write to the audit log yet not generate a row.

I would suggest that you could test further for this bug by turning tracing on in your database (the data, not CE), and also in the SQL Server database as well to see if the report is generating a second SELECT statement, or hiccuping later.

This used to happen on SI on occasion, hence the delete and republish suggestion, which generally resolved.

It may also be a result of database corruption.

-k

bessebo -
" job"? Is there more involved here than just a report?
Is this being scheduled to run 'now' or for a time in the future? Recurring or none-recurring? If recurring, does the duplication recur upon each rerun?

ps - is this scheduling being done via the management console, the crystal enterprise user app (eportfolio) or some other app? Could be some functional difference between these and you might consider scheduling via another method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back