Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled job only appears to run once

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetitPal

Programmer
May 2, 2001
GB
Dear all,

Quick emergency message! I've got a job scheduled to start at 23:45:00 and run from then on every hour. For some reason it appears to run fine at 23:45 (according to the event log) but not again after that - until the next day when it runs again at 23:45. It has run OK in the past, up until about 2 days ago when the server was rebooted.

The relevant scheduler service is running, etc and I am completely stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas at all? (I'm getting desperate!)

Thanks!

PetitPal

The daily schedule is just that - a daily schedule. You told SQL to run the job every hour starting as 23:45. It will run one time each day because there is not another hour in the day. Try setting it to run starting at 0:45 and every hour therafter. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Hi Terry,

That's just what I thought - but this schedule (set-up by someone else previously, I might add!) had been running fine for a year or so previously... anyway, I created a new schedule for it and it seems fine now... which is strange in itself!

Thanks anyway!

=)

PetitPal.

Glad you got it to work. I don't understand why it would have worked previously. Which version of SQL Server was it created on originally? Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back