Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschweg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
Hi guys. I wanted to see if there was a way to setup an internal extension to call forward to an external number on a schedule.

The scenario is that I have an external person that works from home and has her extension forwarded to an external number. What I'd like to do is somehow automatically stop the call forwarding at 5PM so the calls go to internal voicemail, but then start the forwarding at 9AM the next day.

I can't see any way to do this other than manually forwarding and un-forwarding the line, but wanted to check anyway. Any alternative approaches are welcome.

Can you rig this by sending calls to VMPro, then setup rules to forward the calls based on time and day of week.

Telecommute using one-X or Phone Manager. Then they can receive calls when they want to and have them go to voicemail otherwise. Else a Voicemail Pro call flow to remote switch forwarding on/off when they want to. Or VPN phone. or ....

Or a time profile on the incoming call route

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

... or twinning or mobile call control or ...

I'm still running an IP Office 406 with the 4.2 firmware, so I think my choices are somewhat limited. I don't want to do anything with VPN, softphone, or twinning since this user will only be in this situation for a few months and will then return to the office.

Any more details on how to do this with VMPRO? I'm fairly adept with Manager/VM Pro, but can someone give me a clue as to how to setup the route assuming that I have a DID that comes through to this extension?

have the DID go to a module. create a module that has a Test condition with true going to the home number and false going to the users VM. then set up a time condition with the hours you want this to happen.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

>I'm still running an IP Office 406 with the 4.2 firmware

>Or a time profile on the incoming call route
would work on most previous versions tooo

Take Care

Matt

If I assign a time profile to the incoming call route for that particular DID, what happens to the call if it's outside the time profile?

If the user has remote voicemail access, I'd customize their collect mail callflow. Front it with a menu that allows them to select a Play Configuration action or just the mailbox. The former allows them to switch forwarding on/off as required. The later to listen to the messages when calls are not being forwarded.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill here. Let me approach this from another direction.

Assuming that the user has access to voicemail from outside, is there a way they can setup/toggle the call forwarding from outside?

>what happens to the call if it's outside the time profile?

It goes to the other or default destination....

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back