Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scheduled Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwenLee

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2002
US
I am having trouble with scheduled backups. I am not getting any errors. The job monitor list the scheduled backup as running; however, nothing has been done. What could be the problem.

i can think of 2 things that would cause this.

1. the backup exec server service is not running and not set to automatic start.

2. there is a problem with the connection to the tape drive. when i had a problem with this it would not run jobs. when i opened the app it would immediately try again and fail.

hope it helps.

Thank you for your prompt response, but where to I go to fix this. My backups are scheduled to run at 11:00pm every night. Yet the past two nights, nothing ran.

Hello.

Are you able to run the backup manually? (instead of schedule, run now). It's odd that you're not getting errors, which I'd expect if it was trying to pick up a tape and failing. What type of device are you trying to write to?

Suggestion:

Make sure that your services are enabled for Backup Exec. This under Admin/Services.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back