Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule sending of an email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipesnab

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
GB
Is it possible for me to shedule the sending of an email from outlook 2000?

Basically I would like to set a email to be sent repetatively to specific users on certain dates: is this possible and if so how do i set it up?

Thanks, PAndersen! I was hoping to accomplish this using Outlook. Your post tells me that what I want to do cannot be done by Outlook without an add-in. (The laplink link appears to be dead, however.)

The world is full of good people.

When you open a new message, go into Options and choose, "do not send before" and fill out the time you want to send it. This will only send it one time, though.

If you want to schedule a recurring email, you may be able to do in the Calendar feature, as a recurring appt.

I'm pretty sure jweathers' solution only works on Exchange server as well. If you're using Outlook 2000 for internet (pop/smtp) mail, expect it not to send the mail from your outbox without manual intervention.

Does your computer have to be on for this to take place. We are using Exchange, but whenever I try to set an e-mail to be delivered at a specific time, if my computer is not on it does not go out until I turn on my computer and open outlook. I want this to send the e-mail whether my computer is on or not. Just like the out of office assistant. Is there some special setting I need to check either in Outlook or Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back