Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

schedule report/save to different files

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWANG

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
Hi,

I designed a report which connects to a databse and presents all the data in a table in the database. The info in the table will be updated once a week and I need to update the report once a week and save it to a different file name , for example, rep_111301.rpt, rpt_112001.rpt etc.(name format is: "rpt" + date +.rpt). Data in these reports should be static which means these reports don't connect to the database anymore.

Is there a way that I can use to schedule this report so once a week, the report can be updated and saved to a different file to a certain directory?

Please help.

Bin Wang

Hi
Crystal Reports does not have a way to schedule reports.

You can download this utility from CrystalDesk that will allow you to schedule reports to be exported and saved or printed. The download is a 30 day trial if you want to purchase it the price is $199.

Gary Rogers CrystalDesk (Report Scheduler)
Crystal Reports training, consulting, and software interface development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back