Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

schedule free/busy issue in exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnet101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2001
HK
Guys,

I did a migration from one exchange 2000 to another exchange 2000 box, both systems are up and running, the original exchange is not in use anymore, everything seems to be running fine, howeever my clients are getting a error everyone once in a while, unable to update free/busy data, or something like that, i followed the technet guide but that didn't help, when i start outlook with the clean switch, it still tells me that can't communicate with the free/busy server, my outlook clients would like to view each other's calender to see when each other are available, but it says that it can't retrieve free/busy data, everyone else works just fine, i hate to ask, but i have done so much research and can't figure it out, please help, thanks in advance..

one more thing I want to add, Under public folders:

I dont' have schedule+ free/busy, do I need that?

my mistake, i see the schedule free/busy folder

ccnet101,

How did you migrate your data?
Is the busy signal, or can't find (old exchange) server appearing?

Treyze

I did the migration by copy over the mailbox manually, but uanble to update free/busy data is what i get appearing on the clients end, everything else works find.

It comes up about once a day.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back