Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule Enforcement Aloha 5.3.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadang

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hey all,
I have a situation where I have my POS set for schedule enforcement that allows 10min before the scheduled time for clock in. What is happening is that some of the employee's will clock in a 10 til and it will work but if you clock in at 9, 8, 7, 6 min etc.. before it will not allow it without a managers swipe but if you hit it right on the hour it will.

I know, I know...it is hard to believe and I have not actually seen it happen but I am told that this is the way it is.

Can anyone tell me if it has to do with a labor group or something like that? I have all of the employee's using a shift but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for your help!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe "Number of Minutes for Allow Clock-In Transaction" in Store Settings>Labor is set to 1, but not even sure if this setting works like I think it might.

bigblok
I looked into that and it did not change anything. Any other ideas?

Anyone!!

Thanks!

Here is our setup, and I do know first-hand that this works correctly. As a side note, from your post, it sounds like you are set up in a similar fashion.

-Under Maintenance -> Store Settings, Select the Labor group and the Scheduling tab
-'Use Clock-In Punctuality' is checked
-'Allow Clock-In Early' = 5 minutes
-'Allow Clock-In Late' = 5 minutes
-'Number of Minutes for Allow Clock-In/Out Transaction' = 5 minutes

For us, this gives each employee a 10 minute window to clock in without requiring a manager card. As long as the employee is attempting to clock in within 5 minutes prior or 5 minutes after thier scheduled in time, he or she is allowed to clock in. The employee also must be clocking in under the same job code as they are scheduled for, otherwise they will always need a manager swipe.

My understanding of the 'Number of Minutes for Allow Clock-In/Out' is that if an employee needs a manaer swipe to allow the employee to clock in. The employee now has x minutes to clock in, or they will require a manager swipe again. I could be way off base here... wouldn't be the first time!

I hope something in here was helpful and I didn't repeat everything you already knew!

Sounds to me like everything is working fine and you either have some employees or managers that don't want to be bothered with swiping a managers card. Or as previous poster noted they are being scheduled or clocking with the wrong job code.

I am going to look into the Jobcode issue and see if they are just not clocking in under the correct job code.

I have another question...where on the FOH access levels can I disable the option to override the clockin enforcement? I am finding that the managers are disabling the enforcement so they do not have to swipe their cards.

More help...thanks for your answers!

The button is "Disable Punctuality". How do I remove that?
Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to test anything, but I was unable to find anything in the Access Levels that is directly related to the Disable Punctuality button.

I have a feeling it is related to the Approve Clockin access level, or a similar access level. I would test those to see if it gets rid of the Diasbale Punctuality button. If that is the case, to get rid of the button, the manager will also lose their right to approve an employee's clock-in, which would defeat the purpose. So, hopefully I am wrong! Good Luck

Thanks Z!! I couldn't find anything either that ties directly to that button. I will test the theory to see if it takes away the approval side.

Thanks!

I am putting up another question...so maybe you can help again...: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back