Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule DTS Package that Contains a OLAP Services Processing Task

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2000
US
I installed &quot;OLAP Manager Add in Kit&quot; so that I can process a cube through DTS with a Scheduled Package.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then I scheduled the Package by right clicking on the Package.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I manually run the DTS Package it works fine but when I run the Job that contains the scheduled package I get an error of:<br>&quot;0x77f64d39 reference memory 0x00000010 memory can not be read.&quot;<br><br>When I View the Job History and check the step that contains the Processing of the Cube, the message box shows the DTS process then it says: <br>&quot;Package execution Complete, Process Exit Code - 1073741819, This step failed&quot;<br><br>Here is some additional information:<br>1. The Job runs fine without the step that contains the OLAP Services Processing Task. <br>2. I tried to create the OLAP Services Processing task in its own DTS Package but get the same error.<br>3. On the Jobs Properties under the Steps Tab I made sure the Process Exit Code was set to 0 and not 1073741819.&nbsp;&nbsp;I also tried to set it to 1073741819 but the field does not allow that many digits.<br><br>If anyone knows how to solve this problem I would appreciate it if you can lead me in the right direction.

Gabriel, I had the same problem, and chased it back to being the fact that the job which set off the DTS was being run on a non-NT machine, which confuses the OLAP services manager becase this only runs on NT. We solved it by writing a small VB app which sets of the DTS package via RCMD on the SQL (and therefore NT) machine itself. This may not help, but anything is worth a try!<br><br>Good luck - let me know if it helps.... <p>Fiona Williams<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Make sure that the SQLAgent account belongs to the &quot;OLAP Administrators&quot; group on your OLAP server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back