Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule automatic reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leenie

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
CA
I know this is probably very easy, but can someone tell me how to schedule an automatic reboot of the server for, say, every Sunday afternoon (when we're closed)?

Thanks.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

Okay this is what is in the log:

5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)
"reboot.job" (reboot.cmd)
Started 11/22/2005 8:00:00 AM
"reboot.job: (reboot.cmd)
Finished 11/22/2005 8:00:00 AM
Result: The task completed with an exit code of (4f7)

The task was scheduled as the administrator which is also the default of the server.

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

Okay, last night I removed the tick to password protect the screensaver. Then I checked this morning at 9:00 and the server HAD rebooted at 8:00 this morning so the problem is definitely that I had the password protected screensaver ticked ON previously which locks the pc when the screensaver becomes active. However, this was supposed to be fixed with SP1 I thought:

Colleen Gayle Lane
Milton Public Library

You can also look for System Log Event ID 1074 from Source USER32. This indicates that somebody(something) initiated a system shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back