Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sched Alerts not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmod

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
MOSS 2007 on Win2k3
SQL Server 2005 on Win2k3

We are having an issue with Scheduled alerts not working but the immediate alerts are working correctly. When initially configuring the daily alerts we get the notification email stating it was set up. This is system wide. I found a couple posts referring to the ImmedSubscriptions Table and the SchedSubscriptions in hte content DB but this appears to be correct and is updating with the correct time/date to send the alert almost as if it is processing the alerts as scheduled.

I inherited this server when someone left the company and am a bit of a sharepoint newb. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response Patrick,

Yes the timer service is using the farm admin account.

When I go to the central admin page you specified all show succeeded but I do not see the alerts that were configured for the site page listed in there by name. Are the scheduled site notification alerts supposed to be listed here?

Thanks JonathanHerschel

I think I saw your post on another forum as I was searching around looking for a possible solution.

Were you receiving any alerts at all when you were experiencing your issue? Did you ever find the cause of the issue? The post said it just starting working when you were working with an XML file. You mentioned you found the cause to be with the following link but it no longer works
I did try the cache flush someone had suggested there. I am now waiting to see if the scheduled alerts work following the flush. I guess I could just set something up to run every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back