Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCH6358 Interface change is not allowed for UIPE D-Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeOK

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
NZ
Hi Guys i bet this is a dumb question.

I have a 61 running 21.45

I am attempting to add a PRI to use as a QSIG link to an IP Office.
When I try adding the DCH I get this SCH. I have attempted to add this before and used the incorrect IFC. I have since removed (lest i thought I did) all traces of the first attempt and started again.

What have I missed? What is a UIPE?

Ta

Mike

chances are that your using tty 1 or another adan with digit 1, have you tried another dch number. i always make my d match my loop.. dch 44 loop 44 route 44 rlb 44 etc. makes trouble shooting eaiser. i just added two pri's, loop 0 and 1, i couldn't use dch 0 and 1 so i opted for dch 100 and 101 routes match the d

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John but that didn’t change anything. it look like there is something left over from my first attempt. The first time I set the IFC as D100 as I was connecting to a D100. However it should have been ETSI (I don’t have the ESTI package and cant get it) so I want to use QSIG.

I can setup a new one and use D100 but this is no good.

What is a UPIE I am guessing this is some acronym that I should know.

Ta

Mike

if you knew that one i would be impressed. one reference in 10K pages of nortel text i just searched. and it had to do with a layer 3 error on a misp card. misp is for bri, and layer 3 has to do with routed protocols / ip address trash very very deep in the switch. one guy here that might help with that layer was firebird and i don't see him around much. i would either ini and try again. or call nortel. sounds a little corrupt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back