Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sccs5 and tapi question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipeology

Vendor
Mar 9, 2004
PH
i acquired the tn of the acd phones. configure it with ast and iapg. i can manually login on the phonesets. but when i used the tapi to login, its like logging in as an ACD login (not a symposium login).

what are the things to check?

also can somebody post the pabx packages (LD 22) needed when running sccs and tapi.

thanks.

On the Tapi server, Under the Tapi M1 services, did you associate the user login (PC) with the TN? You will need to make sure the server login you use has local and domain admin rights. This will allow that server to see the user login names. you will also need to run the tapi setup on the local desktop. /csetup <servername> or <ipaddress>

thanks i'll check that later.

another thing, is tapi supported on win 2000 advance server?

Depends on what Version of TAPI, Also, I was wrong on the setup command. beleive it is /c tcmsetup <Server Name> or <IP Address>

pld consulting, are you out of Atlanta??? The TAPI setup command for the TAPI client is tcmsetup /c <computer name of the TAPI server>. You also need to make sure that the ACDProxy service and Telephony service are running on the TAPI server. If your TAPI is in it's own Domain seperate from the client PC's then you need to make sure you have a two-way trust between them. let me know if you are still having a problem.

guys the problem was on the OS installation. apparently TAPI 3.0 do not want the OS to be installed using Smart Setup Utility.

what we did was to install the OS first with SP1, then build it from there until we installed SP4.

weird, but it is working fine now. cheers.

Good to know!!! I never use install tools like that, but I give you a star for that one. Good job ipeology!!

TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back