Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCS5.0 cores SWC4.5: DB Backup fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

thokern

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
DE
We migrated SCCS 5.0 and SWC 4.5 running on 2 different servers to one single win2003 server using a coresident installation. Everything is fine so far but no DB_Backups (either scheduled or manual) can be made using the DB Backup utility.

The shares on the target PC can be mapped as a network drive to SCCS server. User named backup with correct permissions created. Backup user is part of administrators group and policies are set to log on as service.

Everytime a backup is initiated SCCS writes the content of the platform recovery disk into the target pc. We tried different target pc´s.

-> So, Files can be transferred but not the 3 *.dmp files which contain the DB_BACKUP!

Any idea?

I had something similiar happen with a SCCS Web Client. I had to add the iceadmin account as an full control user to the folder on the server/PC where the backups were going to get it to work. USed to be you had to add the ngen accounts. I may have had to add the iceadmin as a local admin on that PC using the same password it uses on the web client server, but it's been awhile and I can't wuote remember.

I had a simular issue happen, The company I maintain this Symposium for had deleted the Administrators group from the NGenSys user account. If I ran a manual back-up through Programs -Call Center Configuration- Database -Backup. I would get a error. When I clicked OK it would run thorugh the services window then open the DOS screen showing the back-up progress but would never complete. After I discovered the issue wiht the NGenSys account and corrected it, I reran the back-up succesfully.

Also, during the failed backup, it did write the Platform Recovery files to the shared location.

If you changed the Ngensys password during the upgrade you will have to go to the ngen backup service properties in services and open the password tab enad enter the password there. Not sure you would have gotten as far as backing up the Plat Rec Disk if this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back