Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCS4.2 script to collect digits and route call 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3nl

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2004
NL
Hi fellow symposium fanatics!!!

I recently installed a SCCS4.2 platform at our contact center. For a new concept I'm looking for way to collect digits for the caller, for example: "Please enter your personel 4 digit code to continue..." Based on the 4 digits the call is routed to the correct department.

Looking through the forum I found some threats that have distant relations with my quest, but nu solution yet.

Any reaction is appreciated.

TIA

M3NL

Knowing where to look is always helpful. I'll let you know the outcome later. We are currently checking the NTP's.

Thnak you,

Earl S.
Field Technician

We are going to wait to make changes after we do a maintenance fix on Jan. 8th. We are re-doing the CallPilot and adding Microsoft Updates to the servers.

I'll get back to you next week.

Earl

From m3nl

This HDX you're talkting about, do you have any reference material about this?

Have a look at

It looks like someone's developed a wee application out of it. The info is still valid however.

It also references the following Nortel docs

Nortel Networks’ “Host Data Exchange API Programmer’s Guide” document
• Nortel Networks’ “Symposium TAPI Service Providers Programmer’s Guide” document and the chapter regarding Interactive Voice Response
• Nortel Networks’ “Symposium Network Manager’s Guide” document and the information regarding IVR integration

Also, there is the basic scripting doc 'Nortel Networks Symposium Call Center Server for the Meridian 1 Scripting Guide'

All should be available via the Nortel website.

Depending on call volumes however, it may be an idea to see if your telecoms provider can host something more powerful for you.

Bonne annee

We now have four access ports in Call Pilot. I need to know what needs to be programmmed to make everything work.

1) What is programmed in the Option 81 - ACD, CDN, ACD Agents for the Access Ports? Anything to do with the LINK to Symposium?

2) What is the programming in CallPilot on the Access Ports and anything else?

3) What is programmed in Symposium to make it all work?

We have tried several changes. The ports in the CallPilot wont login - they show as remote location shutdown or something like that. Meaning, I guess, that Symposium has it shut down. The Opt. 81 shows the ports are in & logged in & the Symposium has them aquired.

I am will to work with anyone online or offline to figure this out.

We are trying to get the CallPilot 2.02, Symposium 4.2, and Option 81 system to allow digit collections.

Thank you in advanced

Earl

HOST DATA EXCHANGE APPLICATION (HDX)

Symposium's HDX feature allows data to be passed between SCCS and an external data source. For our customers my company has written many applications such as: routing calls based on account number, confirming passwords, play customer's account information/balance and many others.

In order to develop an HDX application you must get your company registered with the Nortel Network's Developer Program as an Open Developer, pay their annual fees and purchase their development toolkits. Once you receive the toolkits you can either write an HDX provider application in C++ or CORBA. My company has spent a great deal of time and investment in writing HDX applications for our clients. It is quite time consuming and challenging, but is not impossible. You can check out the developer's website at
Jason Chavez
Communication Networks
(707) 299-3800 x21

My application is not that complicated. I am not using a database with information. I am just accepting the digits input by the customer and routing calls based on those digits.

I think we are going to put in a trouble ticket on this issue.

Thank you for your input.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back