Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCS 4.2 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillianK

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
GB
Hi All,

The company i work for has become a Nortel reseller and I have to install SCCS 4.2 and Network the SCCS to another SCCS 4.2. I have all the install and planning Doc's, my questions, is this hard to do? Is the SCCS like install normal software, ie. MS Ofiice? Is it hard to Network the two SCCS 4.2?

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks,

Killian

If you did not have the course it will be quite hard to fullfil it. Take some needed time in advance to read the documentation

Thanks, I have been reading through the Documentation and there are very helpfull. Step by Step guides.

Killian

First thing I would say is set up a system in a lab environment. The last thing you want to do is expose a customer a trial-by-fire installation.

I suppose you could say its like normal software up to the point that you have to connect to Voicemail/Call Pilot and the PBX. The server software isn't particularly as picky as it used to be, like when it was a cardinal sin to move the mouse during installation, but you really need an understanding of the PBX and Voicemail system in order to validate the configuration and prove that its working.

If this is your first exposure to installing in a Nortel environment, and you don't have someone who has done this before, I would highly suggest taking some of the Nortel Classes first at Global Knowledge. Even then I would say you still need someone who can dedicate some time to you during the installation.

I installed SECC 4.2. The server install wasn't much of an event. The workstations were another story:
- having admin rights to the workstation may not solve all problems; I wound up with a reg merge that runs at startup, and that completely eliminated the need for a user to have admin rights to run the client. I also found that even if a user had admin rights, if another user logged in, still with admin rights, the express client failed to run properly. Our channel partner was completely useless in this level of analysis so we did our own program dissection to come up with the reg merge.
- the report listener requires netbios, just just IP
- It is essential you have proper training to build the call flows and users. THe training lets you setup a server and a client and call administration.

good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back