Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCM 2007 SP1 Reporting Point error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwgreen

Programmer
Mar 23, 2006
CA
I have installed SCCM SP1 on my production machine, and I am having an issue with the Reporting point. When I am logged into the server as a Domain Admin and I try to open the Reporting Point Web Page, I get the title at the top, the description in the right pane, but no reports in the left pane. When I am on an XP workstation as a user I get an error messge:

Server object error 'ASP 0178: 8070005

Server:CreateObject Access Error

SMSReporting_IMG/ReportsNav.asp, line 1046

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the Reporting point - no good. This was working before I applied the SP1 package.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian

Nope - added Everyone with Read & Execute to the file mentioned (msvbvm60.dll), then rebooted the server - still gave the same error.

Can you tell me what OS you're running SCCM on?

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

The OS is Server 2003 R2 SP2. We have MSSQL 2005 SP1 installed on this server just for SCCM.

Any reason you don't have either SQL SP2 or SP3 installed? I was sure that SP2 was the minimum level of SQL SP required for SCCM SP1 but I could be wrong.

Simon

OK, it might be worth having a look into this as a possible fix, it's more aimed at SMS but could also fix your issue.

1 Log on to the Windows Server 2003 computer that is acting as the site server by using an account that has administrative permissions.

2 Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg, and then click OK.

3 In the Component Services MMC snap-in, expand Component Services, expand Computers, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

4 In the My Computer Properties dialog box, click the COM Security tab.

5 Under Launch and Activation permissions, click Edit Limits.

6 In the Launch Permission dialog box, make sure that the Everyone group has Remote Launch and Remote Activation permissions.

7 In the Component Services MMC snap-in, expand My Computer, expand DCOM Config, right-click SMS_Reporting_Point, and then click Properties.

8 In the SMS_Reporting_Point Properties dialog box, click the Security tab. Under Launch and Activation Permissions, select Customize, and then click Edit.

9 In the Launch Permission dialog box, make sure that the SMS Reporting Users local group has following permissions:
Local Launch
Remote Launch
Local Activation
Remote Activation

Give that a try and see if it resolves it.

Simon

Simon,

I tried this - I gave Everyone Remote Launch and Remote Activation rights in My Computer. The SMS Reporting Users group already had the needed rights. It didn't fix the error problem. But - I added the non-Domain Admin users to the SMS Reporting Users group - that fixed it. Now my problem is the reports pane on the left side of the window is blank for users in Domain Admins - but they appear for non-domain admin users. I tried adding the Domain Admins group to the SMS Reporting Users group, but that didn't resolve it. So the main problem is gone - just a small one to now figure out. I'll keep pegging away on this next week (I'm not here Monday, so don't expect any updates then!) - any ideas on this?

Brian

This has got me stumped.

If you have the Report Class set up for the SMS Reporting Users group correctly then I can't see why it would fail to display correctly, unless you have something like IE Enhanced Security applied for Admins but even then its more likely to give you a different type of error (prompting for login\password when you launch the reports etc).

I would check on the SCCM server just to see what the IE ESC settings are and remove them for Admins as well as users and give that a try.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back