Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCCE 4.2 reinstallation keycode problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

netgun777

Vendor
May 11, 2004
AU
Hi guys,

I am in process of reinstalling SCCE 4.2 server migrating the existing settings onto new alsmost identical hardware and os installed previously. Damaged DB and registry on old unit caused my course of action to replicate the server machine. Complete migration process cannot be completed per NTP since I have no way to export/backup then restore old database. During the installation/server configuration step when asked for keycode I receive error indicating issue with decripting the keycode.I use the same key I had installed on old server which is still running. Is this related to prior additional agents added keycode (I have original keycode and then upgrade key) or no connectivity with Option 11c during installation you think?
I don't know if the server being build should be connected to ELAN to option 11C is this right ? If not why this keycode is not being accepted?
You help and advise is deeply appreciated.

Is the new server running Windows 2003 with SP1? If so, you may get a "cannot decrypt keycode" error. Make sure you haved installed all the current SU and peps, then reboot, before running Server Setup Configuration.

Hi Sandyml,

It is actually running Windows 2000 Server (same as demaged one) with service pack 4

Error I get is

Setup is not able to decrypt keycode due to 41922

then second one appears

Unable to decrypt the old keycode

I thripled checked all keys and tried all 3 keycodes from prior upgrades.

Any suggestion before I use my 12 GA on the box ?

Thanks

First, you should be using the most recent keycode.

Next, yes, I do make certain both the Elan and Clan NICs are "up" -- you can just plug them both into the same hub. Occasionally this causes a failure.

What install-time pep are you using? (And make certain you are installing it after installing the product software but before the product database installation stage.)

At this stage, are you starting from a fresh O/S, or still trying to get past this point?

Hey Guys

This is totally strange and I've never seen this before.

Either way I attempt installation of SCCE 4.2 as migration or fresh install I get the same errors.

Answering your questions, I install on fresh Windows 2000 SP 4 Server Application software, then install-time PEP distributed on Supplemental CD (ver. NS040206E001S)then install Sybase DB application and run config manager. Either way I run it, regardless what keycode I use - i get the same error (Setup is not able to decrypt keycode due to 41922) - I wish I knew what it means. Second Server application popup follows with error (Unable to decrypt the old keycode. By the way - I use the same hardware, software versions etc. on the new replica server. Since database and application itself is corrupted with registry I have to provide new platform to move this server as required.

Thanks for your input and help

you stated that your old server is still running. if it is connected to the Elan I would think that would look like to machines with same keycode.

JHenley

Complete reinstallation of enitre Software fixed the issue. Key accepted - done deal.

Running well - thanks so much guys,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back