Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scanner skips 2 lines instead of 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonang

Technical User
Oct 12, 2008
SG
Hi All,

I need some advice here. I've bought a piece of scanner from Taiwan, which doesn't have any brand/model or so.
I face this problem. I'm trying to print some label using "STUDIOTECH" a labelling program which requires me to type in values into each field (total of 9). Whenever i scan the barcode for the first field, it will output the values into the first field and skip 2 lines to the 3rd field. How can i program my scanner such that it would append to the next line instead of 2 lines after each scan?

Scan your codes into MS Word.
Click the Show/Hide button in Word (looks like a music sysmbol) and this will show "unprintable" characters.

You will see if any extra characters are being added to the barcode such as CR (Chracter return) LF (line feed) or TAB

If not, the issue is in your labelling software

User Cricket is accurate in their diagnosis.

You may want to browse through your software and see if there are any configuration options set to add in extra tabs or carriage return line feeds.

Typically, a scanner will come with a manual or printout that has configuration barcodes printed on it. You scan these barcodes to set a particular scanning configuration for the scanner. Different configurations will add a tab, remove a tab, add a line feed, etc.

If you are positive that the software is not adding extra line feeds or tabs and you do not have these configuration barcodes, I would contact the business where you purchased the scanner. They should be able to provide you with the configuration details.

Good luck.

Southeast Solutions, Inc.

A BIG Thank you to both of you!

First of all, i diagnose the codes in MS word as suggested by cricket. Indeed there is an additional character which makes it skip to the next line.

Then i read through the scanner manual and found a configuration that remove the extra line feed.

Thanks again.
I love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back