Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scanner recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
Does anyone have any recommendations on a scanner. I work at an accounting firm and they want to go to a paperless office. Does anyone know of a scanner that would be very easy to scan documents quickly and easily? Thanks.

We have always stuck with Hewlett Packard products for the printers and scanners. There are about 1200 employees in this facility and alot of them have their own scanner which is an HP and I have yet to have to troubleshoot on a single one in the three years I have worked here.

As far as a specific model, I would suggest just going to an Office Max or Sams to see which ones they have and base it on what your needs are since the models are updated every month it seems.

Just be sure you check the OS compatability - be sure that the scanner you purchase is compatable with the latest OS, even though you may be one or more generations of OS behind. Reason being that when you buy a new computer or upgrage the OS you may find that HP has not updated a driver for your new OS. My Visioneer does not have a driver for Win2K and several newsgroup postings indicate that HP has also left people with fairly recently purchased scanners unable to use their otherwise perfectly good units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back