Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

scanner color problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thread

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Hi all - I have a Visioneer 8100 one touch on a windows 2000 machine - It has been working for years :>) until recently. When I scan, I get an image with no color - its not exactly black and white - but colors are definately not showing - I have the latest driver update that I could find but still not getting color. Do you know what this could possibly be? Am I just out of luck because the scanner is old? Thanks - Gail

I know its a simple thing but you have to double-check all your settings. For instance, lots of printer, like mine, have a setting for non-color. As long as that is checked off, all my printing will be in black and white, no matter how high i set the resolution. So maybe somewhere in some setting for the scanner, or the scanner software, you might have a setting to alter.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

It uses a USB port - I actually changed the port yesterday because the scanner wasn't connecting at all and that did not solve the problem. I have checked the software for all the color settings and all seems well there. (thanks for the reminder - Occam's Razor!) - Gail

One step would be to go to the Visioneer website and have a look at their FAQ section for issues with this unit, perhaps others have had similar problems.

Have you applied any service packs since it was working?
I dont know about win2k but xp is notorious for creating problems after the addition of a sp, especially sp2.

Yep - checked visioneer - this is my last stop before I throw the thing out the window - I got what I think is the latest driver and I am pretty sure that no service packs have been applied though not completely sure (It's a home machine - not mine) Thanks - Gail

Before you toss it out the window, 2 things.

1 Reinstall everything.
2 contact Visioneer tech support with the issue.

Thanks for your help - I'll try tech support and reinstall (but its so satisfying to open that window and let fly!) - Gail

thread,
Have you tried using parallel interface instead of usb?

No - I didn't think of it - I will work on it this weekend and see how it goes - Thanks again everyone - Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back