Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scan/fix viruses on drive M

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2002
US
Using w2k Exchange Server. I have 2 viruses on the virtual M drive. NAV's fix instructions for these viruses say to stop mail services on exchange so that NAV doesn't try to scan the M drive. But if the viruses are on the M drive how can I remove them without scanning that drive? Battling viruses and growing weary....

Barry

Hi Dear, the M drive is a virtual drive, it doesn't really exist, don't scan and don't let NAV scan it any time, if you have scheduled scans make sure to exclude the M drive,
seems to me you are using the NAV on the exchange server for scanning files, but you need to use the NAV for exchange server, this one will scan the mailboxes and clean any infection without scanning the M drive.
it is NAV 2.5 for Exchange, I only use this, but you might want to use a file NAV just in case to scan other drives like C on the exchange.
hope this helped

You should also disable realtime filesystem scanning on your Exchange server unless you have the Exchange version of NAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back