Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scan Engine 4320 for Windows Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I noticed the reboot too. Has anyone pulled into the EPO repository? Can you control the reboot from EPO?

Addus

didn't require a reboot on my xp pro systems.

I installed the new scan engine on 6 of my test PCs. Only one W2K Pro PC needed the reboot. All other W2K/XP PCs I tested did not require a reboot.

Has anyone figured out how to get the new engine pushed down with ePo. I read on NAI's site how to do it but it didn't work. Any help would be nice. Thanks!!

According to NAI's site, a release date 4th February 2004 is shown for "Engine package for use with McAfee AutoUpdate Architet & ePO 3.0 (automatic download)".

I figure i'll wait until this date and check then. I have enough do to as it is :)

Download the deployable version, add managed software (the *.z) file and away u go, had no problems yet and have deployed it to 600 pcs, ensured i still have the 4360 in the previous folder.

I've got my ePO repository pull task set up to look for upgrades to scan engines. This one just came down and I never noticed it. I've got an XP pro laptop that apparently updated (the new engine is present) and never asked for a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back