Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scaling Text when grouped.. Mystery Brackets in Character Palette 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProperHudson

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
CA
The problem. If I have a text box grouped with an image and I scale them both, the point size will shrink along with the rest of the group but in the character palette in the point size box it will have the original point size of the font, and in brackets next to it the point size that it is now. I can't seem to get rid of the brackets and just make the smaller size the default size... it's an odd problem and one I'm not sure I'm explaining too clearly but if you try it you'll see what I mean. Any help would be fantastic.

thanks kindly,

Reselect the text and manually type in the required point size?

Unfortunately that doesn't work. It just snaps back to the brackets. I wish I knew what this feature was called...?

yeah, if you ungroup it first then scale it you don't have the problem with the brackets... but on the fly when you've got a complex layout you have to resize quickly it's a serious pain to scale each text box induvidually. Grouping everything on the page and scaling works wonderfully with the exception of this problem. Ungrouping the text box after you've rescaled them doesn't seem to fix the problem either.

I've had the same issue. I'm curious what the answer is.

Hi,

When scaling text and images or a text frame alone, you have the option of choosing for the percentage or for the text attributes.

When there are brackets around the new font characteristics, this means that the choice is set to % of scaling. If you want to have the point size accessible after the scaling, you use the black arrow and select the text frame. In your control pallette at the right hand side you have a little triangle, click on it. The second option on this flyout menu says: "Scale text attributes'.

Now your character options become available

hope this helps
carlow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back