Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBT VP2000 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

falceros

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2005
US
I am stumped and I'm not sure what the problem is. We are having index problems. From what I have heard, the CDX files should always be the same date and time stamp as the DBF files. this is not always the case. Anytime the database is "touched" for printing, or for posting, the index files do not get updated where the DBF files do. i am not experiencing any errors. HOWEVER, when one of my users tries to run cash receipts, once in awhile, not everything that was posted today is showing up on the report. Once I reindex the application files, all is well again. This is happening on a regular day to day basis.

Recently, I have upgraded to Windows 2003 server. Does anyone know if this is a known issue with Windows 2003 Server? i can't imagine it would be, but I have to ask.

Any suggestions or direction would be helpful. Please help. Thanks.

Falc

DBF and CDX may not always have the same date and time.
CDX file contains indeces based on certain DBF fields. If these index-fields in the DBF get updated, then the CDX gets updated(as well as date and time, of course.)
EMC
IBS

Ok..I'm glad I know the DBF files and CDX files don't have to be the same date and time stamp, however, something is messing up my index files for some reason.

does anyone know if SBT 2000 has any issues with Windows 2003 server? It seems like we have started having issues around the time we upgraded to Windows 2003, however, this is only speculation. Any thoughts?

Falc

Haven't heard this before but SBT Vision Point 2000 is written in Foxpro 2.6 which is a DOS program - even the Windows version which is actually a Windows emulator. It definitly has problems. Vision Point 10 the next edition is writen in FoxPro 6.0 whcih is a Windows based program and thus doesn't have issues. It could be set to run in VFP 9 if necessary though that isn't needed. My standard advice is upgrade.

Bill Couture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back