Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS2003 sends but not receive emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomartinpe

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2006
Hi forum.
I would like to know what parts of setting do I need to check a sbs2003 server,which can send email but dont receive. This server is connected to ip public.The first step i´ll do is check if router have ip server address on Nat list. what are the other suggest to do?
Thanks
JMartin

From inside your network, can you telnet to the server over port 25 and get an answer?

Not so sure it's a good idea to give it a public IP address. You should put it behind a firewall and just forward port 25 to the internal IP address of the server.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Hi.
We have found that problem was in MX record. A few weeks ago my client back from another ISP to its old ISP, this was because the migration to new Isp failed.
Ih that days the ISP give a ip address and new MX record,the problem we found is that ip address is route to router, not to server. We can send mails but dont receive. The router has the necesary ports open, not use NAT. I must wait that ISP changes this setting in MX records.
Any other suggest??
Thanks for this..
JMartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back