Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS smtp connector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkAndy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2005
ZA
I have a SBS 2000 machine setup with exchange 2000. The smallbusiness smtp connector "interface" is missing. IE mail is being sent but we have no way of managing the connector. I have tried running the internet connection wizard but it returns errors everytime.
is there anyway of getting the interface back without a reload?

Help Please

To answer your question...by default, Exchange 2000/2003 does not create a default SMTP connector for outbound SMTP mail...it just uses DNS to make a direct connection to the recipient's SMTP mail server.

To verify this, look at your queue on you SMTP virtual server. You should see several individual queues for outbound SMTP domains.

What exactly are you looking to manage with a connector? Are you wanting to forward all outbound mail to a SmartHost or continue relying on DNS to resolve the destination?

Shawn Johnson

Thanks
It looks as though I was right off the mark with the request made. I have created a smtp connector, and it has resolved the issue I had.

Shawnyboy is right - you don't need an SMTP connector. If you created on and it go email flowing, then there is another problem.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back