Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS Server - Client Drive mapping stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookcr

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Good morning,

I have a site with a SBS03 server where all of the sudden the mapped drives dissapear and it takes the users 2 or 3 reboots to get everything working again. The client machines are W2k SP4. There is nothing in the SBS logs and nothing in the client logs. I installed a network monitoring tool and there was not one error discard or drop on the switch port that feeds the server.

Any other ideas?

I dont no much about SBS03 servers but im sure i read something about making sure that its set to loggin on reboot, If im wrong my apologies. :D

I guess I was not clear. I don't have an issue with the SBS server and logging in. It is the client workstations where they are dropping the connections then having to reboot to get connected.

Thanks

it could be the licenses,

On the server reset the number of client seats to the licensed number - set to wot is needed. Also, deleted seats left over from the creation of the network - computers that had not been alive for over a year.

hope thats a little help :)

I've seen this before. Make sure that the NICs on both server and workstations are set to the fastest connection speed they support instead of being set to Auto. This typically happens when you have a switch that autodetects and workstations doing the same. They battle during negotiation. The latency introduced makes the connection look like a slow connection and hence policies do not get applied.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back