Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS Premium 2k3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofusjtf

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2004
US
If I purchase an SBS 2k3 Premium server can I setup SQL on a separte server as a member server?

Thanks. I realize this know. SBS 2k8 Premium is actually a 2 server setup. I'll wait for the release of this and then pursue this option. Thanks again.

Correct inasmuch as you need to purchase separate license for the additional server and SQL server - but client access licenses are covered by SBS2003 R2 Premium.

This may not mean much when you only have a few users on your SBS environment, but can mean a lot of saving in larger user base - 40 to 50 user environments...

Similarly you can also run Exchange Server 2003 Standard on a separate server in the SBS 2003 R2 domain just by buying the server and Echange server licenses.

It will be interesting to see what the pricing for SBS 2008 Premium will be like...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back