Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2011 /Outlook 2010 multiple reply addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSLOY

Technical User
Jun 7, 2007
NO
I wonder if anyone knows if there is a solution to this question...

I have a customer who will soon go over to Sbs 2011/ Outlook 2010. The plan is mail for my customer abc.no, shall be delivered to exchange via an ISP spamfilter. Abc.no has entered into an 10 year agreement with a similar company called fancystuff.no and part of the deal is that my customer gets as many fancystuff.no mail addresses as needed. Fancystuff.no mail is hosted at Google with the choice of pop3 or imap.My question is, is it possible to download fancystuff.no mail to sbs 2011 at abc.no via pop3 connecters and have it delivered to the correct mailbox and at the same time,staff at abc.no can choose from which address they reply from, or is there another/better solution. I have not yet had the chance to work on sbs 2011. Many thanks for taking the time to read this. Ps. all domain names given here are fictional!!!

Hi TechyMcse2k!

Many thanks for your swift reply. I have read your link and it doesnt seem to meet what I need.The problem is that Fancygoods.no e mail is controlled by another IT company and they will not move over repsonsabilty of e mail to abc.no. Have you any other suggestions?

The easiest way, which unfortunately means you have to use POP3, is to configure an individual POP3 account on the workstations. When you have multiple accounts defined in Outlook, you can choose which one a message is sent by by clicking the FROM button.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!.

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Hi 58sniper

Thanks very much for your reply. I was hoping to avoid a lot of manual work on each workstation, but as long as it works is all the matters! cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back