Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2008 and routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmrandy

Technical User
Dec 23, 2003
US
I am installing a SBS 2008 Server behind a 2wire router. I have disabled DHCP in the router but the SBS server gives the error that DHCP is still configured in the router and will not complete the Connect to Internet wizard. I can set up DHCP manually in the SBS server but bypassing the wizards creats other problems. Do I just need to get an industrial router?

Are you certain that the DHCP is disabled on the router? The SBS has to be picking it up from somewhere. What happens if you put a workstation on the network. Does it get a DHCP address? If you use IPCONFIG /ALL it will tell you what is providing the DHCP address.

Make sure your firewall isn't giving it out.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I used Wireshark as a protocol analyser and saw the router was acking DHCP requests but not giving out ip addresses. I reset the router and it quit doing this and SBS installed as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back