Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBS 2003 RWW - User account connected as "TEMP" with default profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollard04

Technical User
Dec 27, 2008
GB
Hello all,

Having an odd issue. Setup my SBS 2003 server fine, and tested all RWW and Exchange etc.

Now, im in the US for a couple of weeks, and when i logon on to my computer via RWW, i am prompted for my Username and Password, which is fine. I then select my personal computer and connect. I am prompted for my password again (and confirm my username is correct and that i have selected to logon to the domain.local, not just the local computer)

When i login, i notice my wallpaper and shortcuts arent there - its a new default profile. On the start menu it shows my username, but if i open up a command prompt it shows:

C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\

Odd. I thought it would connect to my regular account? This also causes problems becuase Sophos update keeps failing as the useraccount isnt a member of the local sophos administators needed to perform the update - so its quite important.

Whats causing this? Why cant i use my regular profile?

Thanks for any help

When you normally log on to your desktop, do you have a roaming profile setup?

If you go in to My Computer and look under Documents and Settings do you see your actual profile name under there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back